Sending photos, videos and even documents through WhatsApp is very common and a part of our day-to-day life. In most cases, we don’t save WhatsApp Photos on our PC due to laziness. What if we lose our phone or storage out of space? We might need to learn how to transfer WhatsApp Photos to PC regularly. Throughout the article, we will introduce you to different ways to download WhatsApp photos to PC despite the OS you use.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to PC (FREE)
Many users have the question of how to transfer WhatsApp photos to PC. By default, WhatsApp enables the automatic download of media when Wi-Fi and Mobile data is in use. But if you have changed the settings, you might need to use a different method. Here, we discuss methods suited for all users.
- Way 1. Using USB Cable
- Way 2. Using Email
- Way 3. Using Google Photos
Way 1. Using USB Cable
To use this method, make sure the WhatsApp Auto-Save Photo feature is not turned off. To confirm whether the feature is enabled, you can follow the below method.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Step 2: Then tap on the 3 dots at the top right corner and tap on Select.
- Step 3: On the Settings screen, tap on the Storage and Data.
- Step 4: Under the Storage and Data, you can find the option Media auto-download. Ensure all media or photos are written underneath the When using mobile data and When connected on Wi-Fi options.
After confirming that, you can follow the below steps to export WhatsApp photos to PC.
- Step 1: First, connect the Android device to the Windows PC using the USB cable.
- Step 2: After connecting the phone successfully, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification area.
- Step 3: Tap on the USB charging this device notification and tap on the Transfer files option.
- Step 4: Go to File Explorer on PC and click on the Phone icon in the left pane.
- Step 5: Open the Internal shared storage and select the WhatsApp folder.
- Step 6: Inside the WhatsApp folder, you can find the Media folder. Double click on that and select the WhatsApp Images folder. You can find all your photos available here. You can copy them to your local machine.
Way 2. Using Email
This method is suited for all the users who have disabled the option to download the WhatsApp photos automatically into the internal storage. In this case, you can’t follow method one we discussed earlier. For that, you can send an email to yourself included with the photos.
- Step 1: Open your WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on the Chats tab.
- Step 2: Next, you need to pick a chat where you want to export the photos.
- Step 3: After opening the chat, tap on the three dots on the top right corner and more.
- Step 4: Under More, tap on email chat.
- Step 5: On the pop-up screen, tap on the Attach Media option to include the images. Once you do that, your default emailing app will pop up.
- Step 6: Finally, enter the recipient email address and tap on the Send button.
- Step 7: After emailing, you can open the emailing app to your Windows/Mac PC.
- Step 8: Go to the email address you used as the recipient and find the email you received.
- Step 9: Open the email and click on the Download button to download all the WhatsApp Photos.
Way 3. Using Google Photos
Many users reading this might know what the Google Photos app brings to the table. It is a free app available for iOS and Android to sync and store all the images and videos. For syncing process, a Wi-Fi connection is a must. This is how we can transfer photos from Android device to PC using google Photos.
Step 1: Sync photos with Google Photos
- Before starting the proceedings, download and install the Google Photo on your Android if you haven’t done before.
- Open the Photos app and sign in with your Google account.
- Tap Library and find WhatApp Images folder.
- Select the photos, then backup and sync Google photos.
Step 2: Download WhatsApp photos from the Google Photos app to the PC
- Open the browser on your PC and log in to the Google Photos app using the same email.
- Select the photos that you want to download.
- Please tap on the More option and click on the Download to save them to your local machine.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC (FREE)
Here we discuss 3 different ways you can use to transfer photos to a PC from an iPhone. We recommend transferring the WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC frequently to avoid accumulating them in the internal storage.
- Way 1. Using File Explorer
- Way 2. Using Email
- Way 3. Using iCloud Drive
Way 1. Using File Explorer
One of the easiest ways to copy WhatsApp images to a PC is to connect the iPhone to the Windows PC and use File Explorer.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with the Windows PC.
- Step 2: Unlock the iPhone if the screen is locked.
- Step 3: Go to File Explorer on your PC and click on the iPhone icon to appear in the left pane.
- Step 4: Select Internal Storage and click on the DCIM folder.
- Step 5: Then, copy the Apple folders to the required location. Once the folders are copied to the location, open them, and you can find the photos.
Note: Apple phones do not have a separate WhatsApp photo folder like Android does. You can only copy all pictures, including WhatsApp photos. This method is not very friendly.
Way 2. Using Email
By using this method, you can send photos and videos of selected chats. The process may take time, depending on the volume of photos and videos you are transferring through email.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and pick the chat that you want to send via email.
- Step 2: Tap on the Contacts Name and scroll down to select Export chat.
- Step 3: On the pop-up screen, select Attach Media option and then tap on the Messages or Mail option available on the sharing menu.
- Step 4: Next, follow the instructions given by the email client and send the email to the recipient.
Way 3. Using iCloud Drive
Like Google Drive in Android in iPhones, we backup the data to iCloud. You can use iCloud to backup all your WhatsApp photos and then later use it through a PC.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and select the WhatsApp chat that you want to transfer.
- Step 2: Next, tap on the contact’s name and select the Export chat option.
- Step 3: Select Attach Media and select the Save to Files option on the sharing menu on the next pop-up screen.
- Step 4: Finally, select iCloud Drive and tap Add/Save option.
Note: To transfer multiple chats, you may repeat the same steps repeatedly. There is no method to select all the chats and transfer them at the same time.
Ultimate Solution to Transfer WhatsApp Photos (1-Click)
Are you searching for a faster data transfer method to copy WhatsApp photos to PC? iToolab has introduced WatsGo – WhatsApp Transfer Tool compatible to transfer photos from your WhatsApp to PC with just one click. It is also suited for the WhatsApp Business tool while the software is recognized as a reliable tool to transfer data between 2 devices. Apart from supporting photo transfer, you can use WatsGo to transfer videos, documents, contacts, audios etc. The tool provides comprehensive guides to all the users who want to use this software.
Step 1: Download and install the software.
You can go to the iToolab WatsGo WhatsApp Transfer official site and download the tool to your computer. Then install it and open it.
Step 2: Select the WhatsApp backup option.
Once you open the software, you will have different transfer options in the Backup&Restore tab. Then select Backup app data and select the WhatsApp option.
Step 3: Connect the device.
Now connect your phone with the PC using the USB cable. On the desired transfer list, untick any option you would like to opt out of. After that, click on the Start button.
Step 4: Wait for a few minutes
After completing the above, now it’s time to wait. Once the process completes, you will see a success message on the screen.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos to PC via WhatsApp Web (Download One by One)
WhatsApp Web works as a ‘mirror’ of the conversations you have on your phone. You must scan the QR code on the screen of your machine, and the connection will be made instantly. Check that you have enough battery as the connection will be lost if the smartphone is turned off.
It would help if you had a compatible browser that you can see on the official website of the WhatsApp version. It works in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera, but it is incompatible with others such as Internet Explorer, so the first thing you should do is check if you can access web.whatsapp.com. Once you have it, we must follow a few simple steps to use from the mobile and the computer.
Step 1: Synchronize WhatsApp on your computer
Go to the web.whatsapp.com website on your PC. Then open WhatsApp on your mobile phone and tap the button with the three dots you have in the upper right, and in the options, tap on WhatsApp Web. Using the QR code reader, scan the QR code displayed on the PC screen.
Step 2: Download the media
Once you have synchronized your account, enter the chat you want to download the media. For images, you can click on the download icon on the top of the image to download it to your local workspace.
So here we have shown you the way to transfer WhatsApp photos from your mobile to PC. You can select the method that suits you the most. Always make a habit of backing up the media in your phone in case you lose them. Do you usually backup the multimedia content of your WhatsApp? How do you prefer to make the copy? Comment below your thoughts.
- Download, install, and run CopyTrans Photo: ...
- Connect your iPhone to the PC. ...
- Choose WhatsApp in the folder tree on the left, then select the images you want to transfer. ...
- From the folder tree on the right, select the destination folder.
- Connect your computer to your Android mobile.
- Then, access the File Explorer application on your PC.
- After clicking the WhatsApp folder, you can see all the images.
- Select the pictures that have to be copied to your desktop.
Step 1: First, connect the Android device to the Windows PC using the USB cable. Step 2: After connecting the phone successfully, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification area. Step 3: Tap on the USB charging this device notification and tap on the Transfer files option.How can I export all my WhatsApp photos? ›
Open the individual or group chat. Tap More options > More > Export chat. Choose whether to export with media or without media.How copy all photos from WhatsApp to iPhone? ›
iPhone: automated storage
To do this, select “Settings” at the bottom right of your app. Step 2: Then select “Chats” and activate “Save to Camera Roll”. Step 3: You'll find a folder named “WhatsApp” in the iPhone “Photos” app. All photos shared with you on WhatsApp end up in this folder.
Firstly, launch WhatsApp on your Android and go to the conversation thread where your photo is present. Just tap on the download icon to save this photo on your device. 2. You can find all the downloaded photos on your device's Gallery.How do I transfer photos from WhatsApp to Android? ›
Select what you want to copy. Tap Copy. Touch & hold where you want to paste. Tap Paste.Why can't I save pictures from WhatsApp? ›
To verify, ensure your SD card has: Sufficient free storage space. If there is enough space on the SD card, but you still can't download any files on it from WhatsApp, you might need to delete WhatsApp data from your SD card. Read-only mode turned off.Where are iPhone WhatsApp photos stored? ›
On iPhone, all your WhatsApp photos and videos are stored on the Photos app.Where are WhatsApp photos stored? ›
On Android, media files are automatically saved in your WhatsApp/Media/folder. If you have Internal Storage, the WhatsApp folder is located in your Internal Storage. If you do not have internal storage, the folder will be on your SD Card or External SD Card.
Check the Storage/Media Permission on Your Device
This is another important storage-related check you should carry out if WhatsApp is not downloading media files (or any other app, really). If WhatsApp doesn't have access to your phone's storage or photos, you will get an error message when you try to save media files.
If you have disabled the media visibility settings on your WhatsApp, you won't be able to save the WhatsApp media files on your gallery. Instead, your WhatsApp will instantly download all the photos and videos on your gallery by changing the settings.How do I transfer files from WhatsApp to my phone? ›
- Open Settings.
- Tap 'Accounts and backup'
- Tap 'Backup and restore'
- Tap Restore data.
- Select WhatsApp to restore/transfer.
- If prompted, tap 'install' to restore your Apps screen and Home screen.
WhatsApp pictures and movies not downloading properly can often be caused by the incorrect app settings being selected, a loss of Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity, and a damaged or corrupted SD card. Simply looking in the wrong location or folder is also a common cause of missing WhatsApp media files.Why WhatsApp photos are not showing in gallery in iPhone? ›
Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your iOS devices and click on settings on the bottom-right corner of your screen. Step 2: Now navigate to chat settings and enable the “save to camera roll” option. Reboot your smartphone once, and WhatsApp images will start appearing in your gallery.Does WhatsApp backup save images? ›
The answer is definitely yes. If you've enabled the WhatsApp Google Drive backup (on Android) or WhatsApp iCloud backup (on iPhone), by default, all your WhatsApp data including your WhatsApp photos and videos will be backed up to your WhatsApp chat history on Google Drive or iCloud automatically.How do I access my gallery photos? ›
- On your Android phone, open Gallery .
- Tap Photos .
- At the top, tap one of the groups.
- Find the photo or video you are looking for.
If you don't open the photo or video within 14 days of it being sent, the media will expire from the chat. You must select view once media each time you want to send a view once photo or video.Where are WhatsApp images stored in Windows? ›
By default, any media files received via WhatsApp are stored in the WhatsApp folder.Is it safe to send pictures in WhatsApp? ›
Is WhatsApp Safe to Send Private Pictures? Yes, WhatsApp is safe to send private pictures due to the end-to-end encryption. This encryption feature of WhatsApp encodes a message whenever it is sent. Only the receiver of the message can decode the message.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, launch EaseUS MobiMover, and choose "Social App Manager" > "WhatsApp" > "Backup". Step 2. Select the location you want to back up WhatsApp data to and click "Back up" to start backing up your WhatsApp messages and attachments to PC.How do I transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Windows 10? ›
- Run TouchCopy on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
- In TouchCopy, click on the "Messages" section.
- On PC, click the "WhatsApp" header under Messages. ...
- Select the WhatsApp chat you wish to backup and choose a format to save as:
- Open: http://web.whatsapp.com.
- A QR code will appear.
- On your iPhone, go to the WhatsApp application. Select settings and then WhatsApp Web. The following screen will appear.
- To activate the service, scan the QR code on your computer screen (Step 2). You're ready to go!
- Open web.whatsapp.com in a browser.
- Open WhatsApp on iPhone. Go to Settings > WhatsApp Web. Next, scan the QR code to log in your WhatsApp account on computer.
- Select one contact and find videos in the conversation. Tap the video file and click Download button to download it to computer.
- Step 1: Download and Install AnyTrans on Your PC. AnyTrans works like a bridge between your two phones that you can use to migrate your data. ...
- Step 2: Start the Transfer. ...
- Step 3: Backup your WhatsApp. ...
- Step 4: Install Enhanced Version. ...
- Step 5: Transfer to iPhone.